Sunday, October 28, 2007

Less than a week to go...

Where should I start, seems like a lifetime since I posted last.

The last 4 weeks have been a challenge. First I was fighting a flu and missed a long walk because of that. Then, I did my 20. I will not say it was easy, but I did it and did it much faster than I hoped. I got some AWFUL blisters though. I mean seriously bad. So when I did some speedwork consisting of a super fast (for me) mile, I was compensating for the not yet healed blisters. OOPS. There went my knees. They got worse over several days, and I skipped yet another long walk. I have started physical therapy and am starting to feel better, but I am afraid to do any REAL walking. I walked all over the aquarium today, and it seemed to be fine, but that wasn’t anything strenuous.

I am teetering between feeling very at peace about this whole 26.2 mile trek and feeling totally panicked and like not even starting. I will admit when I saw rain in the forecast I blurted out, “well, if it is pouring, count me out.” I have since gotten over that, but I am really hoping it doesn’t rain. In fact, if I could have an exact repeat of today’s weather, I would be ecstatic! A friend of mine has a plan that if it is supposed to hit above 70, she will not start (health issues). And, I really had to think about it. I cannot think of anything that would keep me from starting at this point!

1 comment:

nylisa said...

Hahah, don't you just love technology?! How did you do on the 5K?