Sunday, July 18, 2010

Staying off my feet isn't easy...

I have been having some foot pain recently, right on the ball of my foot. It really seems worse after a day at my client's office. Mind you, this is a desk job. I am not running around. This seemed odd, so I started to read up on the pain I was having and it seems to be caused by high heals. Now, there are people who wear MAJORLY high heals. I am not one of those. I wear 2-3" heals and only to work and they are sensible ones, not crazy.

I feel fine running, but the pain doesn't seem to be subsiding. So, I went to PT this week. The guy who worked on me didn't think it was a stress fracture mostly because as he worked on it, it felt much better, but he wants to rule it out. So, I will go to the podiatrist.

In the interim, I am not supposed to be on my feet too much. I am antsy. I want to run. Maybe it is my new shoes, maybe it is my upcoming event, maybe it is the awesome people I train with, I dunno, but I want to be out there with the.

I supported the team running a race yesterday. Normally, I am very happy on the sideline. This time I wanted to be racing. I wanted to be in it. I wanted to run with people in the beginning and end. I didn't. I listened to the orders I had been given.

Tomorrow, I will go back and see what the PT says this time. Can I at least walk a little? Hmmm.

No comments: