Thursday, August 4, 2011

Everywhere I turn...

I am wondering if there should be some shame in talking about thyroid issues...if so, I missed that memo. Since telling people that mine was being tested, and I had my first test indicating possible hypothyroidism, I have been talking about it. Almost everyone I tell responds with a tale of their mother, sister, aunt, bff, co-worker, or, even, nephew who has thyroid issues. Yet, I am pretty open-eared and open-minded and only knew of 2 people with thyroid things before this. Those 2 were very open and honest with me and both were talking about adjusting the levels of their meds to figure out the right dosage for them.

Maybe I should be hiding, but I am excited. I am looking forward to seeing what I can make work for me. I am looking forward to feeling a sense of balance. I am hopeful the ongoing pains I have experienced will go away and mildly dreaming that the 40 pounds that have flown on so fast will come off again (and maybe take some of the other pounds that were already there with them). I am realistic and know that there is a chance nothing will change or only my TSH level will get back into the normal range. I am okay with that too, but I am totally willing to see much bigger impacts!

So, stay tuned for more on my journey.

Here are a couple of photos from today - I took a day trip to LBI to see my BFF (not related to my "condition" (that sounds heavy, huh?), but fun photos anyway.

No comments: